Name: Emily Gray
Year started riding: 1998 (4yrs old)
Year started competition: 2002 (8yrs old)
Saddle/s you ride in:
Prestige X-Meredith and KN Jive Dressage
1. Prestige Saddles – They’re beautifully designed saddles that tick all the boxes. They are designed with the highest quality leather, they’re comfortable, light, and provide close contact to the horse. Prestige saddles stay looking brand new for years.
2. Acavallo Gel Pads – This is a brilliant product that acts as a shock absorber between the saddle and the horses back. They also provide a non-slip surface to both the horses back and the saddle.
3. Fashionable & Durable Rider Gear – Saddles Plus always provide a diverse range of clothing and stock, in store and online.
A bit about your riding career:
Growing up on a farm in Kukerin in WA’s Great Southern region, I was put on a horse for the first time before I could walk. My equestrian journey started off at Lake Grace and Narrogin Pony Clubs and I started attending dressage and show jump days from a young age, but all I ever wanted to do was go eventing. As soon as I was old enough I started eventing and was lucky to have a very positive start to my career thanks to my pocket rocket pony, Trentlyn Joel. We were virtually unstoppable through the junior ranks and won a number of events including the PCA National Championships in Sydney 2009. Deltry Invader picked up where Joel left off. He helped me through my first CCI* and CCI** competitions and we went on to have some great results resulting in selection on the Australian team for the Oceania Young Rider Championships in 2014. My current horse Pedro (Jocular Vision) and I had a challenging start, but he has developed into an incredible talent. With Pedro I competed in my first CIC*** before winning the second 3star event that we entered. Pedro has been my first horse to compete at CCI*****. Along with Pedro I have my up and coming horses Canterbury Tradesman, Be Wonderful, and not long off the track gelding, Bart. I can’t wait to see how far these talented team of horses can go.
Most Memorable Moment:
Being awarded ‘Equestrian WA Young Athlete of the year 2013’
Representing Australia at the Oceania Young Rider Championships in Melbourne 2014
- Being a part of the winning Young Rider Team at the Australian International 3DE 2010 & 2013
- Awarded Equestrian WA’s Most Outstanding High-Performance Athlete
- Awarded the Breakaway Trophy for most grading points by a senior eventing rider in WA
- Competing in the CCI5star at the Australian International 3 Day Event
- Winning the Jubilee Cup at the Australian International 3 Day Event for closest to optimum time on cross country
- Being twice awarded the Sheila Cooke Award for the person that displayed the necessary degree of ability, dedication and sporting spirit likely to take them to the highest level of competition.